Lace Shawl Design: The Half Pi
This book is recommended for experienced lace knitters only. It contains an epic amount of detail about the entire design process from start to finish, and it will be a challenge. There will be math! But if you have a sense of adventure and have always wanted to learn about not just the “hows” but also the “whys” of lace shawl design, this book is for you. And the design and lace math skills you’ll acquire along the way will give you an excellent foundation for exploring other types of shawl designs in the future and a greater understanding of lace design in general.
When you start at the beginning and follow the pages in consecutive order, by the end you’ll have your very own half pi shawl design charted and ready to be knitted. To help you along the way, I’ve included:
• To-Do lists, which give you specific tasks that will help you process and put into practice the steps leading up to them
• Color-coded, fill-in-the-blank worksheets to organize your data for you
• Appendices filled with charted examples
• Yarn selection and blocking recommendations
• Information about creating charts on a computer and from written instructions
• A list of recommended lace books and stitch dictionaries
• And lots more!!!
As a special bonus, I’ve included a free copy of my published Kassiani pattern (pictured on the cover) at the end of the book to use as inspiration, analysis and as a reference as to how to write up a half pi shawl pattern.
This product is a downloadable PDF. Upon completed purchase, you will be able to download the eBook immediately from the payment window. You will also receive an email with a download link. Please see the FAQ for more details.
This original eBook is intended for the purchaser’s personal use only. Copying and then distributing or sharing this eBook in whole or part including text, charts or photographs is prohibited without my written consent. All rights reserved.